Search This Blog

Friday, December 25, 2009

Finally Finished!!

It is 1 a.m. on Christmas morning and I am finally finished with everything needed for Christmas!  The stockings are hung and the presents are under the tree.  I am the only creature stirring in the house (the kids and my husband have been asleep for hours).  I thought, what the heck?  A few more minutes before going to bed won't make a difference this late at night (or should I say morning?)

I finished 2 projects today that I am really excited about.  First, I etched a mirror for my parents' Christmas gift.  I made the stencil using my Cricut, etched the glass and finished off with some felt ribbon.  It was difficult to take a picture because of the reflection - and I am not the best photographer.  But, this is pretty good.



I also made 2 money holder cards for my niece and nephew.  We have no idea what to buy them any more (they are 14 and 18) so money is the next best thing. 



To make the money holder card I cut a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock into an 8 1/2 x 7 1/4 piece.  I folded at 3 1/2" and 7".  This gives a flap at the one side.  I folded the flap in and attached it with 2 pieces of sticky strip at the ends - this gives you a pocket to hold the money.  I embellished the front, added the moula and put it in an envelope. 

I found a really great website called Stamp on This the other day.  You can visit them at http://www.stamponthis.com/ They have tons of materials for stampers to use:  chipboard coasters, card boxes, clear paint cans and the money card envelopes I used for this project.  They have a great selection and the shipping was super fast (I did not expect to get my package before the holiday - the package was a happy surprise yesterday).  I am really looking forward to spending some time with my new treasures!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!  Take time to enjoy your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment