Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

More Valentines

Quick post tonight - I am watching the new Grey's Anatomy that I have been waiting forever for!  Yes, it is my guilty pleasure!

Another Valentine ~ actually three.  Two are 3x3 mini cards and the other is a NEW Sending Love Notes - Hugs card with a NEW Rectangular Glassine Envelope.  I am thinking about making the Loads of Love card (minus the "loads of love") for my 4-year-old to give to his preschool classmates.


Stampin' Up! products used:  Love You Much stamp set; Loads of Love stamp set; Chocolate Chip corduroy buttons; linen thread; Heart to Heart punch; Word Window punch

I also want to share a recipe.  I found a great website the other night:  CD Kitchen (check it out at http://www.cdkitchen.com/ They have some really great recipes but the feature I really like is the recipe box.  When you find a recipe you like, you can save it to your own recipe box.  Now I don't need to print them out and try to stuff them in my already over-full recipe box.

One of the recipes that I found at CD Kitchen was Burrito Lasagna and I made it for dinner tonight.  OMG - it was SO good!  Really easy and super yummy!  Here it is - enjoy!

BURRITO LASAGNA

Ingredients:
2 pounds ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 small can black olives, sliced (I did not use them - we hate olives)
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chili peppers
1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chili peppers
2 1/2 cups red taco sauce (I used mild because of the kids)
1 (16 oz.) can refried beans
12 (8 inch) tortillas
9 ounces shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef for 5 minutes.  Add the onion and gralic and saute for 5 more minutes.  Drain any excess fat.  Add the olives (save some for the end), chili peppers, tomatoes, taco sauce and refried beans.  Stir mixture thoroughly.  Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes.  Spread a thin layer on the bottom of a 4-quart casserole dish.  Cover witha layer of tortillas followed by more meat mixture and then a layer of cheese.  Repeat tortilla, meat and cheese layers until you have used all of the meat mixture.  Top with cheese.  Bake for 20-30 minutes or untile cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.

I also made Spanish Rice and we topped it with sour cream.  Um, um, good!

~Yes, I do realize that my short post turned into a really long one!

No comments:

Post a Comment